There appears to be a lot of talk about the risks associated with buying and selling property in Spain throughout the media, especially since Brexit. However, most of the things being said are not true and are being based on decisions made out of panic.
Therefore, we thought it would only be right to give our professional opinion on the situation with our 8 reasons to buy and sell property in Spain.
Our 8 Reasons To Buy & Sell Property In Spain
- The flux in the Pound to Euro has brought exciting opportunities for sellers and buyers alike.
- If you are a Brit selling, you will have seen the value of your property increase by 20% since Brexit.
- If you are a Brit buying, you will find some Brits have reduced their prices by 20%. So, for Brit buyers, there is no increase in price.
- In the UK market, there is a 3% uplift on stamp duty if you are buying to rent, whereas in Spain there is no uplift.
- Spanish banks like Santander and Sabadell (part of TSB), offer mortgages that are not as stringent as the UK.
- You don’t need a buy-to-let mortgage when purchasing property to rent in Spain.
- All buying and selling costs in Spain are considerably lower than the U.K.
- The Spanish Government has said they do not want to loose the 500,000 British people that currently live in Spain, despite Brexit and will put steps in place to protect Brits.
Related Post: Brexit Healthcare Deal Offers Good News
Brexit Has Had No Impact On Brits Buying In Europe
Despite the panic in the media, stats are showing that Brits are showing no sign of giving up their dream of owning property in Spain, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter. No doubt, most of the reasoning behind this is linked to our top 8 reasons above.
Currently, 55% of Brits who were previously considering to buy property abroad have said that Brexit will have no impact on their decision, with 10% saying they are more likely to buy because of it.
To read more about the stats, provided by The Express, take a read of their article: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/818267/brexit-buying-property-in-spain.
Also, do remember to take a read of our related post: The Impact Of Brexit On Property In Spain.
Considering Buying Property In Spain?
If you are considering to buy property in Spain, you will need to make sure you follow the correct processes and procedures. To help you do everything right, we have put together a handy guide to buying property in Spain, so do make sure you take a read: Our Guide To Buying A Property In Spain. Remember to also see our Brexit Opportunities page for special offers and deals on Spanish properties.
If you have any questions, or want more information, give our friendly team a call today on (+34) 95 247 78 54 or drop us an email at email@example.com.